About

Home » About

Digby’s bar and restaurant is situated on the main tree lined street of Killylea, six miles south of Armagh city.  A family run restaurant with a relaxed friendly atmosphere, everyone is welcome at Digby’s.

Digby’s first opened its doors in 1910 trading as a public house and green grocers, in the old bar as it is known today. Run by Thomas and Elizabeth Digby for 43 years until their youngest son Mark and wife kitty took over.

In 1973 they expanded the business with the addition of a small family run restaurant.  Keeping with the family tradition, Sheelagh their daughter along with her husband Michael Macklin took the reigns in 1988, and still work there today.